The Parlour Bar & Restaurant
is believed to be the oldest
public bar in Newtownards Previously known as the Old Cross Inn, it was
built in 1735. Nearly 300 years later, Jim and Dawn took over the premises at the
start of 2012, and on March 17 of that year the pub and restaurant was opened
and rebranded as The Parlour.
Well known and respected as publicans in the town - they had and still run the
extremely popular Tudor Tavern in the town - they have transformed the
Old Cross into a beautiful, well run bar and restaurant, serving excellent food
and attracting a wide range of clientel, from those wishing to enjoy a marvellous
pub meal or celebrating a special occasion with that something extra.
In the short time the Parlour has been trading, there has been nothing but
excellent reports on the standard of food, service and general ambience of the
We offer entertainment from local artists including acoustic sets from local singer -
Sam Gribben. Please contact us for further details.
A beautiful bar, great staff and wonderful food.
To book please call us
028 9181 4154
4 Castle Place, Newtownards, BT23 7JE